At the end of 2010, I vowed that 2011 would be about others, and it certainly has. This year was full of sting and complex evolution, but mostly it was full of re-connective charge that can only be found in those people left at the crossroads of life. It makes sense to revisit those push pins in the where-I’ve-been map of life once one finds themselves yet again pinned at a crossroad; how did I get here and where am I going?
While visiting the roadside attractions of my past, I was not without forward movement and formed karmic connections pushing me toward my own dharma path. Circumstances created by the aforementioned people–who stretched me in directions in which I could have never predicted my own flexibility–that shaped my human condition.
The reflection of the past year’s floundering , life signs, people, and identity, formed an overarching theme for the upcoming year: 2012 will be devoted to breaking Samsara–the wheel of suffering.
To do this, I look to attain the below:
- Be fully present.
- Bond in joy with people versus bonding in misery, pain, and helplessness.
- Cease activities of disowning myself.
- Redirect negative thinking.
- Possess a sense of humor and lightheartedness.
- Do not attach identity to success or failure.
- Have the ability to give/receive support from family and friends.
- Approach life with more fluidity, grace, and peace of mind.
This stems from what someone told me during one of my journeys in life, “It’s your life, I’m just passing through.”